Covid-19 Response Posting - Front Line Staff/Entry Level
MEDICAL SUPPLY CHAIN TECHNICIAN-LOGISTICS SUPPORT-REPUBLIC OF THE MARSHALL ISLANDS (RMI)
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health.
The CDC Foundation seeks candidates for a full time Medical Supply Chain Technician/Logistics Support to support the CDC.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health. The CDC Foundation offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
- Perform logistics support functions associated with the procurement, storage, sustainment, inventory accounting, and transport of medical supplies and Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) assets for use in the COVID-19 response effort
- Work closely with senior managers to plan, manage, integrate, coordinate, and evaluate materiel management functions associated with medical supplies and the SNS to include accountability, acquisition, inventory management, maintenance, replacement, transportation, and final disposition of assets
- Develop and refine emergency response and logistical plans, protocols and standard operating procedures for execution of complex and evolving logistics function.
- Analyze work requirements and determines staff, equipment and other resources needed to accomplish logistical functions.
- Perform analysis and assessment of supply chain functions to enhance operational efficiencies and eliminate potential deficiencies. Analyzes manufacturer and commercial supply chain data to identify trends and obstacles to achieve procurement goals and operational requirements."
- Must have a High School Diploma and the ability to learn new tasks.
- A minimum of 6 months experience is required in the supply or warehouse setting.
- Knowledge of governing supply regulations, procedures and instructions.
- Knowledge of supply functions, operations, program requirements and work methods.
- Knowledge of warehousing methods, procedures, material handling techniques and activities such as material receiving, issuing and preservation.
- Ability to use automated processing equipment and systems such as optical readers and scanners.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply reference materials.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law. We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.
This position is seeking to hire a qualified candidate to meet emerging workforce needs in order to contribute to the delivery of essential public health services as they relate to the COVID-19 pandemic. Per grant requirements, the person working in this role must be 100% focused on COVID-19 activities.
About CDC Foundation
TOGETHER OUR IMPACT IS GREATER
The CDC Foundation is an independent nonprofit and the sole entity created by Congress to mobilize philanthropic and private-sector resources to support the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s critical health protection work.
We are a catalyst for unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC and philanthropies, private entities and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world.
The government has unique capacities as well as limitations. The same is true for the private and philanthropic sectors. We believe that people, groups and organizations have greater positive impact and can accomplish more collectively than individually. By aligning diverse interests and resources and leveraging all parties’ strengths, our focused collaborations with private and philanthropic partners help create greater impact than any one entity can alone. Your support saves and improves lives—right now and in the future.
Thanks to our donors, we have launched approximately more than 1,000 health protection programs and raised over $900 million to support CDC's work over the past two decades. To keep ...people healthy, safe and secure, we managed hundreds of CDC-led programs in the United States and in more than 140 countries