Supply Operations Manager-2002385 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America's Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Supply Operations Manager (2002385) - Houston, TX
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are looking for a talented professional like you to join our TOTAL Petrochemical and Refining USA, Inc. office, part of the BASF TOTAL Petrochemicals LLC (BTP). Reporting to the Business Director, you will be responsible for managing feedstock inventories, optimizing production forecasts, and managing third party logistics providers (including TPRI). You will work closely with BTP Operations, Planning and Business Groups, and well as TOTAL's Refinery Marine Scheduling, Operations, Supply Chain and Base Chemicals Groups. In this role, you will represent BTP to third party logistics providers, as well as laboratory and inspection services and loss control providers.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Demonstrating your solid skills in communication and negotiation, you will manage relationships/primary commercial contact with third party logistics (3PL) companies (storage, marine, terminals, pipelines, etc.), inspection companies and laboratories. You will also use your strong business development skills to successfully negotiate agreements with 3PLs and inspectors.
* Successfully leveraging your understanding of the various pipeline systems, and NGL supply infrastructure in the proximity to Port Arthur (Mont Belvieu and Nederland) in addition to marine logistics infrastructure in the Gulf Coast to optimize the Cracker's supply chain for feedstocks and co-products.
* Utilizing your strong organizational skills and attention to detail, you will manage physical inventory (including feedstock movements) to ensure continuous, optimized operations of the cracker. Additionally, you will be tasked with reporting physical inventory by feedstock and location.
* Leveraging your education in Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Business, or Operations Management and your professional manufacturing experience, you will review and provide recommendations on all demurrage/losses claims on marine and pipeline movements and approve claims up to authority limits.
* Thinking strategically on behalf of the business, you will develop feedstock supply strategy to the to the cracker.
* Focused on continuous improvement and efficiency, you will develop and manage logistics KPI's for inventory, demurrage and loss control.
* Your knowledge of refinery processes and refinery economics will be a valued asset as you manage the day-to-day inventory scheduling and forecasting of feedstocks to the cracker.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.