For the first time, Stack Overflow is looking for a Senior Procurement Manager who will lead software procurement activities for Stack Overflow and be responsible for operating all aspects of purchasing, including implementing processes, policies and systems and otherwise lead and operate the procurement function. Responsibilities include negotiating inbound licensing agreements and other vendor agreements (which are mostly for software tools), vendor pricing, contract negotiation, develop and maintain vendor management program, develop, and track department KPIs to meet company objectives as well as maximize financial performance. Software and technology purchasing is an essential part of our business. The Senior Procurement Manager must work with other departments to ensure their procurement needs are met, while managing risk, maximizing vendor relationships and considering financial performance of the company. This is an individual contributor role.
What you’ll do:
- Establish, maintain, and report on measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities. This includes but is not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity and usage, and purchasing cost savings.
- Strategically develop and implement software supply chain strategies and supplier processes to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization.
- Establish and maintain Vendor Management Program, including a Vendor screening process and Vendor performance review.
- Negotiate all elements of Vendor agreements.
- Coordinate with Security, IT, Finance and Legal teams to ensure all vendors meet vendor requirements
- Establish and maintain purchasing best practices and procedures, including but not limited to RFP process, bid leveling, ethics, etc.
- Ensure that purchasing controls are established, enforced, and maintained.
- In conjunction with Finance, ensure vendors costs are correctly recorded and allocated in the Company’s financial accounting system and forecasts
- Track, report, and drive cost saving efforts to maximize financial performance of the company.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships.
- Address vendor issues (e.g. performance/missed SLAs, disputes, invoice accuracy, etc) with suppliers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.