Job location: TENICA corporate headquarters, Chantilly, VA
The Contracts Manager provides day-to-day consultation and support to accounting, program management team, operations, and leadership regarding cradle-to-grave management and administration of contracts within federal and civilian agencies. He or she serves as the primary interface between the organization and government/prime contractor/subcontractor Contracting Officers. With strong business acumen and the ability to lead price volume proposal efforts and manage contracts and subcontracts in accordance with company policies and customers’ requirements, he or she is responsible for building and maintaining dependable, quality relationships with internal and external customers. He or she support and oversees all aspects of federal and commercial cost/financial proposal activities, to include preparing budgets/estimates/templates and cost proposal narratives, supporting negotiations, and developing counterproposals and other various cost and pricing duties as required.
· Prepares, reviews, and/or negotiates contracts/subcontracts of varying types (FFP, T&M, IDIQ, CPFF, etc.), teaming, consulting, and non-disclosure agreements, memoranda of understanding, and other contract-related documents.
· Coordinates review by all parties and obtains signatures in accordance with company signature authority.
· Maintains original contracts/subcontracts and modifications.
· Serves as lead author for price volume development, including subcontractor volume template development.
· Issues Requests for Quotes (RFQ) to subcontractors and coordinates timely submission of subcontractor data.
· Ensures compliance with customer, contractor, and corporate obligations.
· Interprets contractual, Federal Acquisition Regulation & Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR/DFAR) Supplement, and/or unique procurement regulations.
· Facilitates the review of contractual documents by the various internal disciplines and acts as the central point for dispensation and resolution of all comments and concerns.
· Prepares contract summaries and provides management with complete, current, and accurate data by reporting progress on contract activity together with recommendations for management action and decision.
· Negotiates and administers multiple subcontract types.
· Works closely with program office and management to define and implement procurement strategies and develop subcontract Statements of Work (SOW) or Performance Work Statements (PWS).
· Monitors and reports cost, schedule, and status of subcontractors and recommends or implements corrective action as necessary.
· Prepares subcontract documentation in accordance with established company, customer, and government regulations.
· Manages pricing of the organization’s services and other direct costs (ODC) to the government/prime contractors.
· Works with Lead Contracts Manager and Vice President to devise and recommend bidding strategies to effectively compete against competitors.
· Summarizes the details of the conclusions derived from various competitive scenarios and counterpoints during real-time strategy discussions.
· Directs analysis of the solicitation’s pricing requirements and evaluation criteria post-Request ofr Proposal (RFP).
· Develops pricing templates for response to government/prime contractors and subcontractors in accordance with instructions from solicitations and company policies.
· Manages subcontractor cost instructions and negotiations for all proposals.
· Participates in color reviews and win strategy workshops.
· Performs various other administrative tasks as assigned.
· General business background with Accounting and Finance
· Excellent writing, communication, organizational, and analytical skills
· Proficient computer skills, with a minimum of six years’ experience in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
· Ability to generate moderate to complex Excel spreadsheets for presentation to leadership
· Ability to use web-based applications, collaboration tools, databases, and client-interfacing software
· Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivation, and flexibility that will generate success whether working independently or with a tream
· Good organizational skills specifically around the management, analysis, and processing of large amounts of data to arrive at required outputs
· Utilization of problem-solving, creativity, negotiation, and diplomacy skills in providing exceptional customer service
· Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, while working on multiple projects concurrently, prioritizing assignments, and interfacing with both internal and external clients
· Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism, confidentiality, and integrity while delaing directly with internal and external customers
· Familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures pertaining to cost analysis
· Strong command of cradle-to-grave government contracting process
· Understanding of the concept of cost vs. price, direct and indirect rate structures, professional compensation structures (salary and fringe), and labor classifications (exempt and non-exempt)
· Understand of federal pricing regulations
· Understanding of GSA Schedules contracts
· Ability to manage multiple contracts and subcontracts
· Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field of study and 10 years’ experience in commercial and/or government contract/subcontract administration, including extensive experience with FAR/DFAR, Fixed Price, Time & Material, Cost Plus Fixed Fee and Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity contracts requirements and government support services contracts
· Minimum 8 years’ professional service in one of the following disciplines (or a combination thereof): pricing, program control, financial analysis, market research, or consulting focused on providing business strategies, competitive intelligence, or market research within the federal marketplace
· Active TS/SCI preferred but not required
· Experience managing contracts/subcontracts within the DOD and Intelligence community
TENICA and Associates LLCis a provider of government services and consulting solutions in the areas of national defense, homeland and cyber security. TENICA provides knowledgeable and experienced subject matter experts to perform a variety of professional services, logistics and supply chain management, crisis prevention and response, and information technology solutions to solve dynamic security challenges. Founded in 2008 and based in Chantilly, Virginia, TENICA is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned, Woman Owned, Small Business (SDVOB and WOSB) and is a participant in the Small Business Administration’s 8(a) business development program. www.TENICA.biz.
TENICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
TENICA and Associates LLC is a management and technology consulting firm providing contract management support, information technology services, program and project management, finance and logistics support, professional and administrative support services, budget and execution support, and analytical support to commercial, State and Federal agencies. TENICA's team delivers knowledge and experience managing programs and projects within the fields of information technology, logistics and supply chain management, professional and administrative support services, national security and homeland defense, and crisis prevention and response solutions. Founded in 2008 and based in Alexandria, Virginia, TENICA is a Woman-Owned Small Business, an Economically-Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, certified participant in the SBA’s 8(a) Business Development Program, and a certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business.