Product Line Manager - Product Development (Job Number: 2211148 )
The Product Line Manager- Product Development advocates for the product vision and strategy for a new program within the Freight Management product line. Freight Management incorporates supply chain orchestration, transportation management and freight brokerage. You will manage the program life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities that align to corporate strategy and deliver a differentiated user experience.
This role will be building the expertise for applying technical solutions to our business. You will lead cross-functional teams and work closely with stakeholders from operations, marketing, development, and data science to bring digital solutions to life within Freight Management.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of leading, influencing and working successfully with cross-functional teams to deliver new concepts, strategies, products that provide significant value for their company.
Product Innovation and Development
- Lead the program lifecycle (strategy, development, roadmap, administration, commercialization, and on-going facilitation)
- Support and advise on the product vision, gaining alignment across stakeholders
- Develop personas and jobs to be done based on customer and market research; clearly define internal/external customer needs using use cases/stories
- Build use cases in a 'sandbox' environment and become intimate with how it works. Understand the development process of the product- you won't be coding but you do need to understand how the product works
- Complete analysis to determine project feasibility; continuously assess project deliverables against defined needs, identify project success KPIs
- Create product roadmap that delivers incremental value to the business as you work towards the product vision.
- Develop MVP scope; test and iterate prototypes and get user feedback
- Day to day management of the cross-functional team to keep product roadmap on track
- Use an Agile approach to implement quick wins
- Technical fluency; ability to understand technology concepts, define technology requirements, schedule trade-offs and assess new tech innovation
- Drive product readiness with the business and develop go-to-market strategy with sales and marketing
- Understand business needs and customer impact and use that knowledge to define product requirements
- Incorporate use cases into the business process...intimately understand our operational structure, what does and doesn't work and what needs to change for success
- Mentor associates on operational use cases creating SMEs across the business for the product
- Be customer-centric, work on early adoption programs, feedback loops and impactful user experiences
- Pro-actively engage with stakeholders, internal and external, to drive excitement, anticipate resistance and adapt to changing needs of the business
- Create an environment for a high-performing team, coordinate efforts across internal and external organizations and effectively manage virtual cross-functional teams to achieve key deliverables
- Communicate clearly to your team, partners, and stakeholders the vision, priorities, and trade-offs.
- Be a decision-maker using strategic thinking, strong reasoning skills and guidance from the team
- Be an energetic, inspired leader; building relationships across the company at all levels, influencing change across the organization
- Research, identify and monitor market and industry trends, partner ecosystems, and competitive intelligence
- Gather and prioritize market, customer, and internal feedback and requirements; own the roadmap and backlog.
- Anticipate changes in priority and product strategy, and refine goals based on feedback as well as industry and market trends
- Engage with customers (internal and external) regularly to know how they use the product, what excites them, what frustrates them to keep the backlog/ enhancement list prioritized
- Report on key product KPIs while possessing the analytics acumen to turn these numbers into insights that drive priorities, initiatives, and results
A Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Logistics, Distribution, Finance, Business Administration
8 years' experience in supply chain, logistics and transportation concepts required with minimum 2 years functional experience in business strategy, prioritization, building differentiated solutions, articulating value propositions, and measuring success
Ability to succeed in an ambiguous environment, finding and communicating a path forward
Exceptional communication, presentation, and active listening skills.
Strong leadership skills managing cross-functional teams to solve complex problems, effectively negotiating with stakeholders.
Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations :
3000 Auburn Dr 3000 Auburn Dr
Beachwood, OH 44122
Primary Location : United States-Ohio-Beachwood
Job : Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PL.Product Line Manager
Consider Penske for your next career move. Penske offers dynamic career opportunities in virtually every field and profession. We're always seeking high-performance people with a deep passion for customer service and high ethical standards. Sound like you?