Instructor, Business Administration (Supply Chain Management) - Adjunct
Guilford Technical Community College
Location: Jamestown, North Carolina
Internal Number: 1125
Job Description Summary:
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
The Division of Business, Creative and Performing Arts at Guilford Technical Community College seeks an energetic, enthusiastic, and collaborative business professional/educator to join our team as a Part Time Instructor. Under general supervision, this individual may teach courses designed for transfer and in support of career technical programs to include Introduction to Logistics, Transportation Logistics, Distribution Management, Supply Chain Management, Import/Export Management, Purchasing Logistics, and Advanced Global Logistics. The ideal candidate should be prepared to integrate technology skills into the classroom, be available to teach at times and locations that meet the needs of students and be committed to working constructively with all facets of our programs within a community college setting. Successful applicants will be placed into our pool of adjuncts to be assigned sections or serve as substitute instructors on an as needed basis.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management from a regionally accredited institution, or a Master's degree in a related field that includes 18 graduate hours in Supply Chain Management courses, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Doctoral degree in Business Administration or a related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- APICS, ISM, or CSCMP Industry Certification
- 3 years of recent professional experience working in supply chain management
- Post-secondary teaching and/or professional training experience in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars
- Community College teaching experience
- Proficiency with current versions of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with SAP, TMS, and/or Trade Compliance Software
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
Guilford Technical Community College offers more than 80 programs of study and continues to support success through innovative education, training and partnerships. The college offers associate degrees, diplomas and certificates as well as noncredit courses in professional development, personal enrichment, job training, career development and basic education. As the third largest of 58 community colleges in the North Carolina Community College System, GTCC serves more than 40,000 students annually from its Jamestown, Greensboro, High Point, Aviation and Donald W. Cameron campuses as well as its Small Business Center in Greensboro and High Point.