Location: Springfield, Illinois
The Contracts Lead serves as the primary purchasing and contract agent for Springfield Clinic Operations, Facilities, and Supply Chain departments. This position shall understand purchasing/contract requirements, compile specifications, and facilitate vendor selection and negotiations, track agreements through the full contract life cycle. This position will establish and maintain relationships with vendors and act as the primary voice for Springfield Clinic for end users.
Reports to the Director of Contract Sourcing
- Develop, implement, and manage contract and service agreement tracking for all related contracts including monitoring, measuring and reporting service levels and any rebates
- Help Operational Directors develop and maintain best practices for vendor selection, pricing, logistics, and delivery modes/supply channels
- Drive continuous improvement of workflows, procedures and technology related to procurement and contract coordination
- Create opportunities to initiate relationships with key vendors in the healthcare industry through attending conferences and speaking engagements
- Inform leadership about underlying needs of stakeholders that could affect patient care across the clinic
- Work closely legal counsel (internal/external) on contract verbiage not limited to; service levels, pricing, rebates, termination/extension clauses, etc. to meet Springfield Clinic needs to support patient care and operational needs
- Responsible for regular tracking and reporting of contracts, purchase cost savings, and budgetary metrics for leadership in and outside of supply chain
- Knowledge of procurement, strategic sourcing as well as supply management process including obtaining multiple quotes for competitive analysis and GPOs (Group Purchasing Organizations)
- Comply with the Springfield Clinic incident reporting policy and procedures.
- Adhere to all OSHA and Springfield Clinic training & accomplishments as required per policy.
- Provide excellent customer service and adhere to Springfield Clinic's Code of Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or at least 5 years of experience in contract management, or a combination of education and experience
- Previous demonstrated leadership experience is highly preferred
- Experience is briefing senior leadership on contract administration
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a mentor to peers and promote unity within the department
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and trust along with the ability to work independently
- Ability to implement new software solutions related to contracting/sourcing for Springfield Clinic.
- Requires good interpersonal skills, ability to function in a fast paced, short deadline environment, and the ability to come up with innovative cost-effective decisions.
- Ability to communicate with a high level of effectiveness at all levels of the organization's workforce, while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and purchasing strategies.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Professional office environment
- Ability to lift, move, or carry equipment or supplies of varying sizes and shapes, weighing up to 45 lbs.