Metro State University, a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, is seeking to hire an Assistant Professor for AY 23/24 fixed-term 9-month appointment. This position is within the Marketing, Supply Chain Operations, and International Business Department housed within the College of Management and will start on August 14, 2023.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
· Faculty members are expected to demonstrate ability to teach courses in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, and Project Management at the doctoral, graduate, and undergraduate levels.
· Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement
· Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study
· Contribute to student growth and development through advising and assistance and engage in service to the university and community.
· Engage in service to the university and community.
· Candidates will demonstrate a commitment to serving a culturally diverse student body through delivering a student-centered education in a liberal arts and sciences context and will possess the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals.
· Deliver courses via multiple formats (in-person, hybrid, online, and hyflex), varying times (daytime and evening), and at multiple locations.
· Earned Ph. D. or DBA (from an AACSB, ACBSP, or equivalently accredited school) in Operations Management or Supply Chain Management, with a logistics / distribution emphasis, by the time of appointment.
· Demonstrated ability to teach at the post-secondary level, in supply chain management, operations management, or project management.
· Ability to teach courses incorporating appropriate software such as Excel, or SAP, etc.
· Communication skills (written & verbal) to communicate with a variety of persons and groups.
· Demonstrated ability to work in an institution with a culturally, economically, and linguistically diverse workforce.
· One year of online teaching experience in supply chain management, operations management, or project management
· Outstanding/Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) to communicate with a variety of persons and groups
· Candidates with certifications such as PMP, CPIM, CSCP, and SCPro
Notice: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State's vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
We are the urban, public, comprehensive university in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area where the faculty, staff and students of Metropolitan State will reflect the area's rich diversity, build a culturally competent and anti-racist learning community, and demonstrate an unwavering commitment to civic engagement.
Metro State University provides an excellent, inclusive, and engaging education to eliminate opportunity gaps and empower our students to lead our communities to a prosperous and equitable future. The university offers programs leading to baccalaureate, masters, and applied doctoral degrees. We provide accessible, high quality liberal arts, professional, and graduate education with continued emphasis on marginalized groups, including adult learners. Metro State is a five-time recipient of the Insight into Diversity Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award, most recently in 2021. Federally recognized as a Minority Serving Institution, its employees serve more than 9,000 post-traditional learners, two-thirds of whom identify as belonging to communities of color or American Indian nations, are first in their family to attend college, and/or are eligible for Pell Grants. Since we do not operate residential facilities, Metro State University students all commute to class locations across the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area, or take their courses wherever they are through our many distance-learning and hybrid course offerings, allowing Metro State to truly be
Metropolitan State University offers over 60 baccalaureate majors, 10 master?s degrees, and 2 doctoral programs. Founded in 1971, the university is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system and is the only state university in the Twin Cities. It is a comprehensive urban university committed to meeting the higher education needs of those who live and work in the 13 county metropolitan area.With a strong tradition of individualized educational programs, we are fully committed to high-quality, affordable education for working adults. Faculty, staff and more than 11,000 full- and part-time students reflect the area?s rich diversity, provide a highly student-centered environment and demonstrate unwavering commitment to civic engagement.